Wednesday 4 August 2010

Not Jim, Rudolf!

Hello readers! Today I am presenting you with a homage of a tribute!

This post is in homage to Cheezewhizz's post Really Jim? , in  which the Cheeseman pays tribute to all those (male and female alike, presumably) who have been christened Jim (or who were christened James, but who get called "Jim" - whatever, don't care, bored now).

I've decided to title this homage "Really, Rudolf?"

So, without further ado, here is my list of Rudolf's, known and unknown, liked or not liked and, in one instance, tried in international court for War Crimes (can you guess which one?).


Really, Rudolf?


Rudolf Nureyev

Arguably the best male dancer of all time.
Defected from the Soviet Union, despite KGB efforts to stop him.


Click here for bonus link (go on - you'll enjoy it!).








Rudolf Steiner

Philosopher, founder of the Steiner/Waldorf education system,
and pioneer of Anthroposophy (which is a very difficult word to say) .



Click here for bonus link.










Adolf Hitler's BFF.
(Apprehended in Scotland, by the way.)










Rudolf Diesel
Inventor of the Diesel Engine, which he originally designed to
run on Bio fuel. Like Henry Ford (who designed his
Ford cars to be made from hemp, and run on hemp fuel),
Diesel was one of the foremost proponents of what we would now
call "the Green Movement" in the early 20th century.
How ironic, huh?
(watch an good vid about it here).










Rudolph Valentino

God of the Silver Screen.
The very first ever Sex Symbol produced by the movie industry


Click here for bonus link.









Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Santa's No9 reindeer.
(wot? - too early or too tenuous?)


Click here for surprise link (WARNING it's a bit cruel!).



And so folks, that brings my homage to a tribute to a close!

I hope you enjoyed it, and will look out for the next in this series "Not all Quentins are Queer".

And remember folks - Imitation is the most sincere form of Flattery!





7 comments:

klahanie said...

Hello 'Brand New Day',
I am here. Sincere apologies for my late arrival to your site.
Here's wishing you the very best in your ongoing writing endeavours.
Noted your list of Rudolph's, and looking at the Red-Nosed Reindeer, has made been realise it will soon be 'Boxing Day Eve'.
With respect and kindness, Gary :-)

Brand New Day said...

Awwww! gee, shucks, Thanks Klahanie, that's a lovely welcome (not sure whether you wrote it before or after my nag - can't be bothered figuring out how to get my clock onto UK time!).
I'm touched, dude!
Gonna try to shoot across to your site now (my laptop's being glitchy tonight - here's hoping i make it)
Abide!;)

klahanie said...

My pleasure. I wrote it after your 'nag'. So I realised I should stop horsing around over at Kelly's blog and leave a comment like I promised too.
I'm in England and the time as I type this is 3:20 A.M. Really should get some sleep. Take very good care and it would be an honour if you visited my site.
In peace, Gary :-)

Kelly said...

Hey there, Brand New Day, this list of Rudolph's and their connected links were quite interesting. Especially entertaining and delightful was the youTube clip of poor lil' Bambi's mother getting shot literally to pieces while Bambi dances and hops about his decaying mother's bones and stuff.

That was sweet of ya to link up to that. lol. Oh you're a sick, sick man. I like that.

Anyway...

Thanks for friending me at BC. I did, likewise. In my next post, I'll be making a semi-important announcement. You may want to drop in as it concerns anyone who checks out my site on a regular or semi-regular basis.

Take care.

Brand New Day said...

Hey Kelly, glad you enjoyed the Bambi bloodbath! Thanks for accepting me as BC friend, but you should probably know that I'm a sick, sick woman, not man (just in case you weren't being generic). I know that Scottish guys get termed as wearing "skirts", but just wanted to avoid any confusion!
I'll look out for your announcement (ooh, sounds exciting!)!
Abide :)

bazza said...

Hi. I followed you here from klahanie's blog. Great and original post! You could keep this theme running for ever (maybe you have; I haven't looked yet).
Can't wait for the Quentins!

Brand New Day said...

Hey Bazza, nice to see you here, thanks for your compliments! I'm looking forward to the Quentins too - NO IDEA what THAT one's gonna look like! I checked my site feed source link thingy today, and it turns out that one person found this post via a google search of "Anthroposophy" - and there it was in the search answers - amongst all the serious literary papers etc., MY definition "a very difficult word to say" ! hahahahah! and another poor soul found it through the "Christmas" section in an online mag which had linked the Red-Nose Rudolf image! HAHAHAHAH!!! As soon as I figure out how to use HTML tags + keywords I'm gonna be seriously dangerous! Thanks for coming by, and for your kind comments, Bazza :) Abide!